Contact us for a quote!
High-Throughput Screening Compatible
The OMEGA series of microfluidic devices from eNUVIO are perfectly suited for experiments involving neuronal co-culture and compartmentalization. Each of the chambers of the device are physically separated by a series of microfluidic channels. The small size of the microchannels serve to fluidically isolate each of the adjoined chambers, but are large enough to allow neurites/axons to project into and interact with cultures located in the adjacent chamber.
The unique open-chamber design of the OMEGA gives scientists direct access to their co-cultures, enabling researchers to explore new types of experimental paradigms not possible with standard closed-chamber devices. For example, the chambers are large enough to house tissues that are several millimeters in diameter, easily accommodating tissue explants or self-assembled 3D cultures (e.g. spheroids, organoids).
OMEGA96 plates are shipped ready to use. They are sterile, pre-bonded to high-transmissive glass, and optionally pre-coated with either poly-D-lysine or poly-L-ornithine. Maintaining healthy cultures over a long period of time is even easier with OMEGA plates, owing to the evaporation-minimizing tracks around the edge of each plate.
OMEGA96 devices are suited for in vitro co-culture studies involving:
- Neuromuscular junction (NMJ) in the context of ALS, Kennedy’s disease (SBMA), Duchenne’s muscular dystrophy
- e.g. motor neuron/muscle co-culture
- Nigrostriatal pathway in the context of Parkinson’s disease
- e.g. dopaminergic neuron (SNc)/GABAergic neuron (striatal) co-culture
- Sensory system in the context of nociception and mechanosensation
- e.g. skin fibroblast/DRG co-culture
- e.g. neuron/oligodendrocyte or Schwann cell co-culture
- Enteric nervous system
- e.g. enteroendocrine cells/vagal neuron co-culture
- iPSC-derived cultures
- Self-assembled 3D cultures (e.g. spheroids, organoids)
- Primary cultures
- Tissue explants
- Immortalized Cell lines
- 48 well-pairs per microplate = 48 individual experiments per plate
- LxWxH: 127.2 x 85.3 x 14.1 mm
- Chamber surface area: ~0.35 cm2
- Chamber diameter: 6 mm
- Chamber volume: 350 μL
- Chamber pitch: 9 mm
- Microchannel width: 10 μm
- Microchannels/chamber pair: 70
- Pre-bonded glass bottom: 200 μm thick
- Shipped sterile in PBS, ready to use
- Hydrophilic, no need for plasma treatment
- Option: pre-coated with poly-D-lysine or poly-L-ornithine
- Anti-evaporation tracks around the edge of each plate