The OMEGA series of microfluidic devices from eNUVIO are perfectly suited for experiments involving neuronal co-culture and compartmentalization. Each of the growth chambers of the device are physically separated by a series of microfluidic channels that serve to fluidically isolate each of the adjoined chambers. These microchannels are large enough however, to allow for neurites/axons to project into and interact with cultures located in the adjacent chamber. OMEGA96-ACE devices each contain three serially-adjoined culture chambers. Compared to our two-chamber devices, triple-chamber devices provide researchers with the ability to perform more specialized co-culture and compartmentalization experiments.
The unique open-chamber design of OMEGA series devices gives scientists direct access to their cultures, enabling researchers to explore new types of experimental paradigms not possible with standard closed-chamber devices. For example, the chambers are large enough to house tissues that are several millimeters in diameter, accommodating tissue explants or self-assembled 3D cultures (e.g. spheroids, organoids). Additionally, conventional patch-clamp electrodes can openly access the cultures, allowing researchers to examine the electrophysiological properties of the culture.
OMEGA96-ACE plates are shipped ready to use. They are sterile, pre-bonded to high-transmissive glass, and optionally pre-coated with either poly-D-lysine or poly-L-ornithine. Maintaining healthy cultures over a long period of time is even easier with OMEGA96-ACE plates, owing to the evaporation-minimizing tracks around the edge of each plate.
OMEGA96-ACE devices can be used to set up in vitro triple co-cultures and study neuronal propagation.
- iPSC-derived cultures
- Self-assembled 3D cultures (e.g. spheroids, organoids)
- Primary cultures
- Explant tissues
- Immortalized cell lines
- 32 well-pairs per microplate = 32 individual experiments per plate
- Microplate dimensions (L x W x H): 127.2 x 85.3 x 14.1 mm
- Chamber #1 and #3 dimensions (L x W x H): 7 x 6 x 13 mm
- Chamber #2 dimensions (L x W x H): 8 x 6 x 13 mm
- Chamber pitch: 9 mm
- Microchannel width: 10 μm
- Microchannel length: ~640 μm
- Microchannels/chamber pair: 70
- Pre-bonded glass bottom: 200 μm thick
- Shipped sterile in PBS, ready to use
- Hydrophilic, no need for plasma treatment
- Option: pre-coated with poly-D-lysine or poly-L-ornithine
- Anti-evaporation tracks around the edge of each plate
Learn more about the TOP ADVANTAGES, APPLICATIONS and other FORMATS of the OMEGAACE series.